Volunteers provide crucial support services that are vital to the hospital and the well-being of its patients. Each day, willing volunteers come to the Fairfield Memorial Hospital to donate their time and energy so that we can fulfill the mission of positively influencing the health of those we serve. Whether it is delivering flowers, guiding visitors, lending a caring hand, or helping in the gift shop, FMH volunteers make a difference.
Those who volunteer are rewarded with many benefits through volunteering at the hospital including:
- Learn new skills and meet new people
- Make discoveries about yourself
- Enjoy free lunch, TB skin tests and flu shots
- Have fun while helping others
The services of volunteers can be integrated into nearly every area of the hospital. As a volunteer, you can bring a variety of talents, training and skills to any program. Fairfield Memorial Hospital has found that our volunteers make meaningful contributions to the lives of our patients and staff. They possess excellent communication skills and a mature work ethic and creative problem solving habits. Fairfield Memorial Hospital values the important role our volunteers play within the interdisciplinary team approach by serving in a number of departments and a multitude of capacities. Some of them are as follows:
- Main Lobby Volunteer Desk/Greeter
- Medical Arts Complex Volunteer Desk/Greeter
- Mail Delivery
- Flower Delivery
- Patient Transport
- Gift Shop
- Clergy Program
- Same Day Surgery
- Student Volunteer
- Skilled Care Unit Activities Volunteer
Volunteer Services provide an array of other temporary assistance to various programs. Where direct patient care is involved, appropriate education is provided by staff.
Auxiliary Pledge (optional)
- I will be punctual and conscientious in the fulfillment of my duties and accept supervision graciously.
- I will conduct myself with dignity, courtesy, and consideration.
- I will consider as confidential all information which I may hear, directly or indirectly, concerning a patient, doctor or any member o f personnel, and I will not see information in regard to a patient.
- I will take any problems, criticisms or suggestions to the Chairman of Volunteers.
- I will endeavor to make my work of the highest quality.
- I will uphold the traditions of this hospital and will interpret them to the community at large.
To learn more about how you can apply to volunteer contact:
Shauna Williams, Marketing Director
303 NW 11th St.
Fairfield, IL 62837