Fairfield Memorial Hospital 3-Digital Mammography is accredited by the American College of Radiology (ACR). The accreditation signifies that Fairfield Memorial Hospital has met and continues to meet the stringent nationally accepted standards for mammography. The digital mammography system is operated by the Fairfield Memorial Hospital technologists who are board certified in mammography. These hospital staff members include Rhonda Grinols, RT(R)(M)(CT), Melinda Bunting, RT(R)(M)(RDMS)(RDCS), and Melanie Perkins, RT (R)(M)(CT)(RDMS).
Breast self examination is still one of the most important tools for early detection; however regularly scheduled mammograms are highly recommended and can detect a lesion long before it can be felt.
Is 3-Digital Mammography Better?
This innovative system allows screening, diagnosis and biopsy to be performed on a single unit. It also lowers patient radiation dose and increases image quality, especially those women with dense breast tissue. The new digital mammography system will help provide women with the best possible mammogram, reduced exam time, while also reducing (not eliminating) the discomfort often associated with mammography.
After the study is complete, it will be analyzed by a SecondLook® 3-Digital Computer-Aided Detection (CAD) technology from iCAD, Inc. Variances in the tissue will be tagged by the iCAD machine alerting the Radiologist that there may be a problem in that area. It’s like having two readings of the mammogram.
Call Fairfield Memorial Hospital at 618-847-8249 to schedule your Mammogram today!
American College of Radiology (ACR) Accredited
- Fairfield Memorial Hospital has been awarded a three-year term of accreditation in mammography as the result of a recent review by the American College of Radiology (ACR). Mammography is a specific type of imaging test that uses a low-dose x-ray system to examine breasts. A mammography exam, called a mammogram, is used to aid in the early detection and diagnosis of breast diseases in women.
- The ACR gold seal of accreditation represents the highest level of image quality and patient safety. It is awarded only to facilities meeting ACR Practice Guidelines and Technical Standards after a peer-review evaluation by board-certified physicians and medical physicists who are experts in the field. Image quality, personnel qualifications, adequacy of facility equipment, quality control procedures, and quality assurance programs are assessed. The findings are reported to the ACR Committee on Accreditation, which subsequently provides the practice with a comprehensive report they can use for continuous practice improvement.
- The ACR is a national professional organization serving more than 34,000 diagnostic/interventional radiologists, radiation oncologists, nuclear medicine physicians, and medical physicists with programs focusing on the practice of medical imaging and radiation oncology and the delivery of comprehensive health care services.
- When choosing a facility that has gone through this rigorous review process you can rest assured that you are receiving the highest quality mammogram available. Fairfield Memorial Hospital has met and exceeded the review process.
Mammogram Quality Standards Act (MQSA) Accredited
Screening and Digital Diagnotics
- Little Egypt Breast & Cervical Cancer Program 1-877-532-2271
- Breast Self-Awareness