Comprehensive, Interdisciplinary Care
The Pain Center of Fairfield Memorial Hospital focuses on evaluation and treatment of chronic, acute and cancer pain.
The first step in our pain management program is a comprehensive evaluation by one of our expert physicians.
Evaluation may include:
- Medical History & Physical Examination - This will allow the physician to better understand your pain in the context of your overall health. The physician will also consider the treatments you've had in the past and whether or not they were helpful to you.
- Diagnostic Test - May include CT and MRI or X-Ray.
- Diagnostic Procedures - To help the physician identify the cause of pain and choose an effective treatment program.
- Psychological Evaluation - Psychological and emotional issues play an important role in pain management.
- Nutritional Evaluation
- Physical Therapy Evaluation
After evaluating the cause of your pain, your physician will discuss treatment options as outlined below.
Pain Reducing Procedures
Treatment may include:
- Cervical, Thoracic, and Lumbar Nerve Injections performed under Fluoroscopy.
- Radio Frequency Ablations
- Carpal Tunnel Release
- Cubital Tunnel Release
- Epidural injections
- Facet Joint injections
We are committed to finding the right treatment to alleviate or minimize your pain, allowing you to return to the lifestyle you enjoy. To the left, browse our detailed list of procedures.
Pain is a combination of physical and emotional factors. Many patients discover that preexisting depression, anxiety or emotional trauma increases their pain. Pain may also cause mood changes, frustration, anger, weight gain and worry. The goals of the Pain Center are to address these issues to improve your quality of life enhance your response to medication and procedures and reduce your symptoms.
A social worker or dietitian may be an essential part of your plan of care and they can help you develop personal strategies to deal with your pain. Physical or occupational therapists may also be part of your treatment plan. As with all professional services, your session(s) with these allied health providers will be billed to your insurance.
We are committed to providing high quality service using advanced treatment methods. Thank you for choosing the Pain Center of Fairfield Memorial Hospital.